As a child psychiatrist, I find fidget toys to be both relaxing as well as therapeutic for children, besides just being a fun.
Here are some of my favorite fidget toys for kids:
- Mozi: This fun metal ring toy can be used to spin from arm to arm and over the hands. As fun to watch as it is to play with.
- Monkey Noodles: These are squishy and stretchy and fun!
3. Tangles: These are fun manipulatives where kids and turn and twist and untwist quietly.
4. Acupressure Rings: These metallic rings can be rolled over the fingers and hands.
5. Shape Shifting Cubes: Fun and tactile without being noisy
6. Desktop spinner: Mesmerizing to watch and fun to spin and play with.
7. Fidget Sphere: With so many knobs, buttons and cranks, this can keep a kid busy and focused for quite a while